Today is National Fried Chicken Day!! Don’t settle for your average fried chicken, try out this Crispy Fried Chicken Sandwich from the minds of My City Magazine.
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Slices of Provolone Cheese
- 8 Dill Pickle Chips
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2 Potato Buns (Or your choice)
First, butterfly cut the chicken breast.
Then soak chicken halves in the mixture of Buttermilk, salt and pepper for 1-2 hours.
Place flour into large shallow bowl.
Once your chicken is fully marinated, crack an egg in large 4 bowl and whisk.
Next, take 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, bread crumbs and crushed red pepper and mix together in large shallow bowl.
Put Olive Oil into your cooking pan to heat the oil.
Now you are ready to bread your chicken:
- Coat your Chicken halves in flour.
- Dip in Egg
- Cover in Breadcrumb mixture
- Dip again in egg
- and again into Breadcrumb mixture. When oil is hot place coated chicken into the oil and cook for 2 minutes per side.Place Chicken on baking sheet, with or without a rack
Cook at 325° until chicken has reached a core temperature of 165°
Now you are ready to get your fried chicken sandwich ready!
Lightly toast potato buns.
Place Mayo, lettuce and tomato on bottom bun.
Place Chicken on top of that and then add your pickles before the top bun.
Now dig into your fresh, crispy, celebration of National Fried Chicken Day!