It’s Labor Day weekend and for many of us, the last cookout of the summer season. I always like to bring a taste of the East Coast to my Labor Day picnic. These quick and easy shrimp foil packets to toss on the grill are inspired by an East Coast Shrimp Boil and are absolutely delicious!
Grilled Shrimp Foil Packets
- 1 1/2 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 smoked Andouille sausages, thinly sliced
- 2 ears corn, each cut crosswise into four pieces
- 1 lb. red bliss potatoes, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T. Old Bay seasoning
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin wedges
- 4 T. butter
- Preheat grill over high heat. Cut four sheets of foil about 12 inches long. Divide shrimp, garlic, sausage, corn, and potatoes evenly over the foil sheets. Drizzle with oil, then add Old Bay seasoning and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss gently to combine. Top each mixture with parsley, lemon and a tablespoon
of butter each.
- Fold foil packets crosswise over the shrimp boil mixture to completely cover the
food. Roll top and bottom edges to seal them closed.
- Place foil packets on grill and cook until just cooked through, about 15 to 20
minutes (or transfer to oven and bake for 20 minutes).