Many folks will be celebrating the Fourth of July with a backyard barbecue. With the temperature soaring into the 90s, why not dish up a cool and refreshing cucumber watermelon and feta salad — a perfect side dish to serve with barbecued chicken or ribs.
Red White and Blue Cucumber Watermelon Feta Salad
- 3 c. watermelon cubed
- 1 1/2 c. sliced cucumber (seeds removed)
- 2 T. mint thinly sliced or small mint leaves
- 1/3 c. feta cheese (crumbled)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 T. lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c. blueberries
- Place the watermelon, cucumber, blueberries and mint in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the melon mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta and serve.
Happy 4th of July!