This recipe for mashed cauliflower from allrecipes.com is not only low carb but is absolutely delicious. It a perfect side dish for any fall meal and has become one of our family favorites.
Mashed Cauliflower Parmesan Bake
- 1 head cauliflower coarsely chopped
- 1 four-oz. package cream cheese
- ¼ c. parmesan cheese grated
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ¼ c. cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer.
- Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to a bowl.
- Mash cauliflower with cream cheese until smooth; stir in Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Spoon mixture into a 1-quart casserole dish; top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and Cheddar cheese is melted, 10 to 15 minutes.