The best thing I like about carving pumpkins for Halloween is roasting the pumpkin seeds. The seeds are chock full of vitamins and are very good for you. Roasting the seeds is easy and you can use any flavor combination you want.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 3/4 c. raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 t. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. paprika, optional
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash pumpkin seeds in a colander to remove the pulp and fibers. Thoroughly dry with a towel.
- In a small bowl combine pumpkin seeds, olive oil, salt, garlic powder, paprika (if using), and black pepper.
- Lightly grease a sheet pan with olive oil. Evenly spread the seasoned pumpkin seeds on the sheet pan.
- Bake until the seeds are toasted and crunchy, about 12 to 15 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes for even toasting, and check for doneness with each stir by tasting a seed for crunchiness.
- Transfer the roasted pumpkin seeds to a bowl to cool down.
Optional: You can season pumpkin seeds with parmesan cheese, everything bagel spice or cinnamon and sugar for something different.