Want a quick, easy meal when you are on the go? This Sloppy Joe recipe from Five Heart Home is sure to please your entire family and takes just 15 minutes to make!
The Best Homemade Sloppy Joes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef (or turkey)
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- ½ c. ketchup
- 2-4 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. prepared mustard
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ¼ t. onion powder
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Hamburger buns
- Sliced pickles
- Set a large pot over medium-low heat. Add a few drops of extra virgin olive oil and sauté the garlic for a minute or two until just fragrant and very light golden brown. Add ground beef and increase heat to medium or medium high. Cook meat until no longer pink, stirring as meat cooks. Drain grease from meat.
- While meat is browning, make sauce. In a medium bowl, stir together tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper until well combined. Pour over browned meat, stir and simmer for a few minutes until heated through (or longer if you have time to allow the flavors to meld).
- Serve on hamburger buns or rolls with sliced pickles on top.
- Top with potato chips for added crunch.
- Serve with deviled eggs.