Nutritious, colorful and satisfying, a grain salad is one of the easiest make-ahead summer meals. Boiling a batch of quinoa, farro or millet in the morning when the weather is cooler and then adding fresh or roasted vegetables, herbs and a salad dressing at dinner time is easy to fit into a busy schedule. Even the finished salad is versatile – it can be added to a leafy-green salad, wrapped in a tortilla or lettuce cups for a quick and delicious meal.
Crunchy Millet Salad
- 2 cups cooked millet
- 1 head cauliflower, florets separated
- 1 head broccoli, florets separated
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 Tbsp Za’atar spice mix
- 4-5 Medjool dates, chopped
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- Sea Salt & pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spread the chickpeas, cauliflower and broccoli on a large roasting pan. Add olive oil, Za’atar and sea salt, and mix to coat everything.
- Roast for around 30 minutes, or until the veggies are golden and cooked through.
- Cook the millet according to package directions. Let cool, fluff and add the chopped dates, roasted veggies and chickpeas, parsley and sunflower seeds.
- Season with sea salt and pepper if needed.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice over the top.