Serving brunch is a great way to celebrate your mom on Mother’s Day. This recipe for a rich and creamy ham and cheese quiche from allrecipes.com is easy to prepare and delicious. I like to serve it with a fresh fruit tray and my homemade blueberry muffins.
Creamy Ham and Cheese Quiche
- 1 pastry for a 9-inch pie crust
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ c. shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 T. all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ c. diced cooked ham
- 2 T. honey mustard
- 1 ¼ c. half-and-half
- 5 eggs, beaten
- ¼ c. green onions
- ¼ t. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Press pie pastry into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake pie crust in preheated oven for 5 minutes, use a fork to poke holes into the crust, and continue cooking until lightly browned, about 5 minutes more.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Mix 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, and 1 tablespoon flour in a bowl; spread over the warm pie crust.
- Stir ham and honey mustard together in a bowl to coat the ham completely; spoon over the cheese mixture.
- Mix half-and-half, eggs, green onions, 1 tablespoon flour, and salt together in bowl. Pour mixture carefully over the ham layer; top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until set in the center, 40-50 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting.