This recipe for Black Bean, Corn & Avocado Salsa is a family favorite this time of year, with the abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables that can be found at the local farmers’ market. This is a cool and refreshing appetizer to serve at your backyard barbecue.
Black Bean, Corn & Avocado Salsa
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 3 ears sweet corn (cooked and cut off the cob)
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes (cut in quarters)
- ¼ cup red onion (diced)
- 2 avocados (diced)
- 1/2 c. red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (chopped, with seeds removed)
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. Chill for a couple hours.
Serve with Tortilla chips. Enjoy!