1. Flint has a year-round Farmers Market!
2. Free Art events: Saturdays are free at the FIA, and there’s a monthly Art Walk downtown!
3. Flint Children’s Museum and Sloan Museum have free days!
4. Free public ice skating at Atwood Stadium!
5. Lots of small, home-town restaurants to choose from!
6. Flint has a vast road racing community, including popular races such as The Crim Festival of Races, Crim Run Your Ice Off, The Warrior Dash, 5k Foam Fest, Run or Dye/Color Vibe, Hot Chocolate 5K, Pot O’ Gold 4 Mile, Run4Wine, Sweaty Bills Pub Run, and many more. Flint also houses a variety of runners clubs such as Great Lakes Organization of Walkers, and Riverbend Striders.
7. The Flint River Trail! Twenty miles of trails connecting the city with nature.
8. For-Mar Nature Preserve & Arboretum – they have fun and educational programs for everyone!
9. Flint is a blossoming college town (Kettering University, UM-Flint, Mott CC, branches of Central and MSU, Baker College, ITT Tech, etc).
10. Did you know that Flint offers a plethora of K-12 options? We have 11 public charter schools, 15 public schools, 71 private schools, 4 online public schools, and various homeschooling programs.
11. Tons of fun and interesting community education programs through Flint, Burton, Grand Blanc, Davison, Flushing, Fenton, etc. You can do a stained glass workshop, or learn how to use a computer, or even learn how to speak English. Tons of opportunities to learn something new.
12. Best of all – we’re a tight-knit community of friends and neighbors, who are always looking out for one another.