New Construction Projects
- 6278 W. Calkins Rd., Flint Twp – Single family home
- 206 W. Lord St., Gaines – Single family home
- V/L Sylvan Ct., Flint – Four-townhome quadraplex
- 1214 University Ave., Flint – Side-by-side live/work duplexes
New Homeowner Rebecca Salter with members of the Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club who worked on her home.
- Habitat Olympics (May 3) – Teams of five compete in construction-themed Olympic Games in support of GCHFH. Silent auction, food and a T-shirt are provided with entry fee.
- Faith Build – Church sponsorship opportunities are available throughout the year at the Calkins Rd. and Lord St. projects.
- Women Build Week (May 8-11) – A week of recognition and encouragement for women in the construction industry.
- ReStorAtion Pallet Party – Learn how to use recycled pallets to construct beautiful décor. Check GCHFH Facebook page for times and dates.
- 19th Annual Bastille Day Race (July 13) – Support GCHFH by participating in 15K and 5K races in scenic Downtown Fenton.
- Republic National Neighborhood Promise Day (August) – GCHFH received a $49,000 grant from Republic Services to improve the greenspace adjacent to the live/work project at 1214 University Ave., Flint.
Sponsorship and volunteer opportunities for events and projects are still available. Call Greg Hull at 810.766.9089 ext. 210 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Call Jennifer Wenzlick at 810.766.9089 ext. 203 or email@example.com for information about volunteering.
Habitat for Humanity ReStore
The GCHFH ReStore is another way you can help your community. Your donation of gently used or new household items can help benefit our housing projects throughout Genesee County. If the items are too large to transport, GCHFH will gladly pick them up. Located at 101 Burton St., ReStore is open Tuesday-Saturday, 9am-5pm year-round (except on holidays). For more information, call 810.766.9089 ext. 205 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provided by Habitat for Humanity