Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I love cooking a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, a turkey with sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans and homemade yeast rolls. And don’t forget my favorite side dish, the cranberry sauce. Here is a recipe from momontimeout.com for The Best Cranberry Sauce Ever! The best part about this recipe is it takes just 15 minutes to make.
The Best Cranberry Sauce Ever
- ¾ c. sugar
- ½ c. orange juice
- ½ c. water
- 12 oz fresh cranberries rinsed and picked through
- pinch of salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 piece of orange peel
- Combine sugar, orange juice, and water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine.
- Add cranberries, salt, cinnamon stick and orange peel.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Continue cooking, for about 10 minutes, or until all or most of the cranberries have popped.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Can be made up to 3 days in advance.