Holiday parties and family gatherings are in full swing and everyone enjoys a delicious appetizer. This crab dip from Better Crocker Kitchens is something you will find on my holiday table.
Hot Crab Parmesan Dip
- 1 package (8 ozs.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. dry white wine (or apple juice)
- 2 t. sugar
- 1 t. ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 can (6 ozs.) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1/3 c. almonds, toasted, if desired
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients except crabmeat and almonds in medium bowl until well blended. Stir in crabmeat.
- Spread crabmeat mixture in ungreased pie plate or shallow 1-quart casserole. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with crackers.
- You can prepare this favorite from the 50s, and spread it in a casserole dish up to 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate; bake as directed.
For holiday parties, sprinkle extra sliced green onions in a wreath shape, and make a bow with pimiento.