There is nothing better to serve with a grilled burger than a crunchy pickle that you made yourself. Here is a recipe for Easy Refrigerator Pickles that is a summer cookout must have!
- 6 c. thinly sliced pickling cucumbers (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 c, thinly sliced onion
- 1 1/2 c. white vinegar
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 t. salt
- 1/2 t. mustard seeds
- 1/2 t. celery seeds
- 1/2 t. ground turmeric
- 1/2 t. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Place 3 cups cucumber in a medium glass bowl; top with 1 cup onion. Repeat procedure with the remaining 3 cups cucumber and remaining 1 cup onion.
- Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a small saucepan; stir well. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Pour over cucumber mixture; let cool. Cover and chill at least 4 days.
Note: Pickles may be stored in the refrigerator for up to one month.