I saw the recipe on Facebook posted by Emily Berkman for Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts. It sounded so good, I decided to make it for dinner. It was amazing, healthy and delicious!
Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 1 ½ lbs.)
- 1 T. Italian seasoning mix
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 T. smoked paprika
- Sea salt and pepper
- 12 Asparagus stalks, ends trimmed
- 1 oz. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 T. olive oil
- Place the chicken on a clean chopping board and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Start cutting each one lengthwise to create the pockets. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Add three stalks of asparagus and a couple pieces of sun-dried tomatoes to a mozzarella cheese slice, then roll it up. Stuff the chicken breast with the cheese roll. Close the pocket with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Use any pan that can be added to the oven for baking.
- Add in the chicken and sear it until nicely golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.