Now is peak season to pick peaches at local orchards. And what better way to savor the flavor of summer than serving a homemade peach cobbler, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Here is an easy recipe that I use from myrecipes.com that your family will love!
Easy Peach Cobbler
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. sugar, divided
- 1 T. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 c. milk
- 4 c. fresh peach slices
- 1 T. lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- Melt butter in a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.