When it comes to wedding themes, we may be entering the new “Roaring 20s”, but to truly reflect the unbridled excess of that decade would be a nuptial faux pas. Today’s couples are embracing an eco-friendly style that treats the environment with respect. You can have the lavish wedding of your dreams, all while taking a few steps to make sure it’s natural, bio-degradable and leaves no mess.
Ready to learn how to have a sustainable wedding? To help you plan, we’ve rounded up ten eco-wedding ideas. Try one (or all) of these small changes to do some good for the environment on your wedding day. (You’ll win some major karma points with Mother Nature!)
- Print invitations, place cards, itineraries, etc. on recycled paper.
- Donate your used décor items.
- Create an eco-friendly or charity registry for your guests.
- Plan an outdoor wedding and use all-natural lighting and landscapes.
- If you use live flora for décor, choose those that can be replanted.
- Rent your décor, don’t buy.
- Consider plated dinners to reduce food waste, or donate leftovers if permitted.
- Use biodegradable “throw” (flower petals) for your exit toss.
- Book an eco-friendly honeymoon with resorts that practice sustainability.
- Volunteer together and donate honeymoon time to a good eco cause.
If a sustainable world is important to you and your partner, don’t sacrifice your ideals at an altar of wasteful opulence – Think Green and have a wonderful celebration!