I love this time of year! The smell of cinnamon spice fills our homes, letting us know that the holiday is near. The malls are crowded, the calendar is filled with parties to attend, and we all need something new to wear. This is not the time for a simple, black dress – holiday outfits need to be fun and full of flair and texture!
There are several cool holiday trends that we all should try at least once. Let’s start with my:
Top 5 Holiday Party Season Trends
1. Sheer Tops and Bottoms – I know they sound a little naughty; but when done tastefully, anyone can pull it off. #TIP: Wear a neutral camisole or body-con dress underneath to add class.
2. Metallics – Gold, silver or pink metallic tops or pants will make you shine brightly whatever the event. #TIP: To enhance this look, add a good highlighter to your makeup palette.
3. Sequins – Sparkle is always a holiday staple, and trust me – you won’t look like a disco ball. #TIP: Make this trend fit your style. If you think that a sequined dress is too much for you, try a subtle sequined clutch bag or earring.
4. The Little Black Dress … with flair – The LBD can never go wrong. This season, grab one with a little sheer or feather detail.
5. What is that – velvet? Yes, velvet creates a very textured and sexy holiday look.
#TIP: Choose a festive color like a deep green or burgundy.
When you’re out celebrating this season, wear something you typically would not. Have fun and release the young, happy and festive spirit that lives within you!
Fashion Stylist: Nadia Gilmore of More.Moda.Mode Fashion; Kristina Bowman Smith of Fannie Lucille
Models: Keona Shine wearing a two-piece, sequined Kristina Bowman Collection; Latriee Robinson wearing Fannie Lucille
Photography by Eric Dutro