Who will win the Super Bowl this Year — the Kansa City Chiefs or the San Francisco 49ers? But what’s even more important to me is what food will you be serving at your Super Bowl party! According to dailymeal.com some of the top foods to enjoy during the big game include: chicken wings, chili, pizza, pigs in a blanket, nachos, and a variety of dips like buffalo chicken dip and artichoke dip (to name a few). According to statistics, wings and pizza are the two most popular Super Bowl snacks. Also, 11 million pounds of chips are expected to be consumed during the big game, and an estimated 4 million pounds of pretzels and 2.5 million pounds of nuts.
For me, it just isn’t a Super Bowl party without serving my 9 Layer Dip! And since the big game takes place in Miami, Florida this year it’s the perfect choice. This is my version of this yummy dip.
- 2 cans Refried Beans
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- 1 small bottle Taco Sauce
- 1 c. guacamole
- 1 container (16 oz.) Sour Cream
- 1 package (2 c.) Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 c. Black Olives (sliced)
- 1/2 c. Green Onion (chopped)
- 1c. Cherry Tomatoes (sliced)
- Shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, mix the taco seasoning in with the refried bean. Add 1 T. milk (which makes it easier to spread) and mix together.
- Spread the mixture in a shallow serving dish.
- Layer the sour cream over refried beans.
- Layer the taco sauce over the sour cream.
- Then spread on the guacamole.
- Top with layers of shredded cheese, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, onions and olives.
- Note: Top with sliced jalapeno rings, for a little bit of heat, if desired.
- Serve the dip with tortilla chips.