It’s fall! And, one of my favorite fall deserts is a classic pumpkin roll. I use this scrumptiously delicious recipe from allrecipes.com and my family loves it!
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 c. white sugar
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ⅔ c. pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 2 T. butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 c. confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ t. vanilla extract
- confectioner sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter or grease one 10×15 inch jelly roll pan.
- In a mixing bowl, blend together the eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin. In a separate bowl, mix together flour and baking soda. Add to pumpkin mixture and blend until smooth. Evenly spread the mixture over the prepared jelly roll pan.
- Bake 15 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Remove cake from pan and place on tea towel (cotton, not terry cloth). Roll up the cake by rolling a towel inside cake and place seam side down to cool.
- Prepare the filling by blending together the butter, cream cheese, confectioner sugar and vanilla.
- When cake is completely cooled, unroll and spread with cream cheese filling. Roll up again without towel. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle top with confectioner sugar and slice into 8-10 servings.