When I am looking for something different to cook, I always go through my mother’s recipe box. I found this delicious recipe for Carrot Ginger Soup. It’s easy to make and perfect comfort food to serve on an autumn day.
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 2 T. butter
- 1 1/2 c. diced onions
- 10-12 peeled, sliced carrots (4 cups)
- 1 1/2 c. grated fresh ginger
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 1 1/2 c. half & half
- Salt and paprika to taste
- In a large pot, sauté the butter and onions, about 3-4 minutes
- Add the carrots, ginger and chicken broth and simmer covered until tender, about 23-30 minutes.
- Puree the mixture and return to the pot.
- Add the orange juice, and half & half. Reheat but do not boil.
- Garnish with sour cream and chopped parsley.