Advertising Sales Executive Job Description
My City Magazine seeks a highly motivated, experienced Advertising Sales Executive for our growing custom printing division in our Flint based office to manage many categories – you must be resourceful, independent, focused, and well-organized individual. This position demands an experienced and confident professional who can manage a book of established business while attracting and closing new advertisers. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and top producer with a proven track record in prospecting, client management, and the desire to win. This is a commission based opportunity with unlimited earning potential.
Account Executives are expected to identify and develop new business and grow existing accounts, ensure client satisfaction, meet budgets and sales goals. The right individual will be highly motivated, creative and proactive.
Key Account Executive Responsibilities
- Generate new business opportunities through personal selling activities and targeted networking
- Ability to be forward-thinking and strategic to cultivate long-term relationships and encourage repeat business
- Effectively manage personal book of business
- Develop integrated, multi-platform marketing / media campaigns
- Manage relationships throughout the entire sales cycle, from initial contact to execution of the client campaign
- Develop creative campaigns / proposals to help clients achieve their business & marketing goals
- Schedule 5-7 in-person meetings on a weekly basis
- Work to meet personal monthly and annual revenue goals
- Follow-up and service existing clients with accurate notes, proposals, deadline reminders and assistance with advertising materials
Requirements, Experience, and Attributes of Ideal Candidates
- 2+ years sales experience in a media/magazine environment
- Understands the power of prospecting and the importance of maintaining a hefty sales pipeline
- Embraces cold-calling and enjoys the hunt for new business
- Strong communication skills – oral and written
- Confidence speaking to high-level decision makers
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Feels comfortable entertaining clients in social setting
- Excellent presentation skills, well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Google Docs
- Ability to sell multiple products and present big ideas
- Organized, honest, high-energy, ambitious and displays a positive attitude
- Understanding of the Flint market with regard to the medical community is beneficial.
Documentation: Cover Letter, Resume
Contact: To apply for this position, please contact Vince Lorraine at Vince@mycitymag.com with the required documentation listed above.